Matthew's Pictures

March 8, 2009

Still Here

Yep, still at home! What a crazy labor this has been. It is 2:30 in the morning early Sunday and I cannot sleep. Last night I had contractions about every 15 minutes for 4 hours or so. They stoppped early in the morning (4 or 5) and I didn't have another until around 8 this morning. As it got closer to the evening, I started getting thrm about every 30 minutes which is where I am still. I cannot compare this pain to the labors I had with Abbie and Raleigh at all. I am experiencing back labor for the first time and cannot even describe the pain. I'm sure some of you out there know exactly though. My back hurts even when I am not contracting. My lingering cough is causing contractions. Nothing seems to relieve this pain. I cannot imagine having to wait until they are 5-7 minutes apart when 30 minutes is torture enough! If Matthew doesn't come by Monday, I have to go in to the OB to get checked and hopefully will be a few cm. Maybe if I do enough pleading she will let me go ahead and have the c-section. Hope you all are sleeping well!! Think I will walk the house for a little while now.

Jenn

8 comments:

Judi said...

I did have back pain with my son. He was face up. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Good Luck to you. You are in my prayers.

Dad said...

Jenn,
Maybe the coughing will help with the contractions???!!. It's been 33 years since Donielle was born. With her I was in the hospital 1hour 20 minutes before she was born. With Michelle it was 11 hours of labor. Remember you and your family are in our prayers. I hope all goes well.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Jenn, Hang in there and rest when you can. You're in my thoughts and prayers. - Susan

Dad said...

Jenn & Josh,
Your mom e-mailed me. All I can think about is something I read in a magazine yesterday "WHEN THINGS LOOK DOWN, LOOK UP". How very true. Our thoughts, love and prayers are with you.

Sue

Anonymous said...

oh wow, yes back labor is the pits. Hugs to you!

Mandy said...

Hey Jenn...Donielle posted an update last night to let her bloggers know what was going on. You and your family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well, I want you to know there is an award for you at my blog - hugs and happy thoughts to you and your wonderful family xxx

Anonymous said...

my condolences go out to you and your family.