Matthew's Pictures

February 17, 2009

Hiccup!

I think if there were such a contest, baby Matthew would be the winner of the "Most Hiccups in a Day." A minimum of three times a day he is at it. Because of his position, it's not the most comfortable feeling in the world, however, it is very comforting to know he is still doing okay.

The further along we get, the more worried I become of losing him while he is still in my belly. If he were to sit on his umbilical cord for an extended period of time, chances would be very high that he could cut off any support that he gets from the placenta through the cord.

....so keep those hiccups coming!

Matthew doesn't have very strong movements, but when he does, they can get painful! Over the last couple of days some part of him starts jabbing into my ribs, so I have to gently push him back down. And then there are contractions...Braxton Hicks to be more specific...to prepare my body for the end of this wonderful journey...not so wonderful feeling.

These are the little things during a pregnancy that some may find annoying, as I do at times, but wouldn't take them away for anything!

1 comment:

carebear said...

Hey Jenn. Saw your link from the PUV site and had to come over and visit. I'm still praying for your Matthew. Are you aware of Angie Smith? She is a fellow blogger that I was referred to when I was pregnant with my Matthew and told to terminate. I highly recommend her site. It is bittersweet naturally, but she might be able to offer some insight of things to come and set you up with contact people you might need to know. I'll include her link. Lots of love and hugs to you and your family.
http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

Karen - mommy to Matthew