Matthew's Pictures

February 14, 2009

Where it all began...

It was August 18, 2008, the day before my husband's (Josh) 27th birthday. What a surprise to him (and me!) when I took a pregnancy test on my lunch break at home that day and it was clearly positive. There was no anticipation of waiting 2 minutes, nevermind 30 seconds. The test already knew the answer, no thinking involved. With thoughts running like wild through my head, I drove to his work with gift bag in hand and presented his early birthday present. He was absolutely thrilled! Me...not so much. I wasn't ready, but warmed up to the idea after a couple of weeks. The doctor gave me a due date of April 18th, 2009 (by ultrasound) which would make me 7 weeks already. I disagreed with the date. Going by my last menstrual period, my due date would be calculated at March 31st, my dad's birthday. We would have to wait and see if I came early......

No comments: